Similar ingredients but cooked using different methods and procedures. My last post was about stewing beef with pineapple. Stewed slowly over the stove, this method is great to cook in bulk to keep and feed a big family or gathering. Another one is to cook in an electric slow cooker with the ingredients and procedure adjusted. However, I will not be sharing this but one other method which is quick stir frying of beef with saucy pineapple slices.
If cooking for only a few and intending to serve an easy and quick version, follow my recipe for today. Instead of stew beef, use tenderloin. Sliced slightly thinly, marinated, stir fried and with saucy pineapple slices, you will be able to serve a meal with a delicious umami taste in no time. So, here goes ...
Easy Stir-Fried Beef with Pineapple
200g beef tenderloin - cut into slightly thin slices
1/4 tsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp ground turmeric or turmeric powder
1 pip garlic
2 thin slices ginger
- Ground or finely mince garlic, shallot and ginger. Mix all of above together and set aside to marinate until ready to cook.
- Mix all together.
- Stir-fry marinated beef in heated oil quickly over high heat until just cooked. Dish out into serving plate.
- Pour 100 ml water into the same wok and bring to a boil. Add pineapple slices, carrot, chillies, lemongrass and chopped coriander stems. Bring to a boil again and allow to simmer, covered, over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sauce and chopped coriander leaves. Simmer rapidly for 1/2 minute or until sauce is nicely thickened.
- Immediately pour sauce over fried beef, discard lemongrass and serve with rice (2 to 3 pax).